Solid Waste District
Solid Waste/Recycling Update - April 1st 2020
Floyd County Solid Waste/Recycling sites will be closed until Tuesday May 4th. Staying home is critical to keeping YOU HEALTHY, saving lives and reducing the spread of COVID-19 in our community. This action complies with the "Shelter at Home/In Place" order by the Governor and the Indiana State Health Department and Chief Medical Officer at Baptist Health Floyd and Tom Harris, MD, Floyd County Health Officer.
As this situation evolves, Floyd County Commissioners will continue to review the possibility of opening limited sites with abbreviated hours of operation while complying with the Governors Executive Orders.
Please continue to save your recycling during these uncharted times. Harrison County and Clark County recycling facilities are open for drop off.
Please continue to visit our website for updates
Thank you for your interest in the Floyd County Solid Waste District. We encourage you to recycle in your home and in your business. If you have questions please contact us.
The Hazardous Waste site will be closed until further notice.
Recycling Locations & Schedule:
- Monday – Closed
- Tuesday – Floyd Co. Hwy Dept 6412 Old Georgetown Rd. – 10am - 5pm
- Wednesday – Galena House (6954 Hwy 150) - 10am - 5pm
- Thursday – Letty Walters Park 10am - 5pm
- Friday – Kevin Hammersmith Park (Behind Northside Christian Church) 10am - 5pm
- Saturday – Floyd Co. Recycling Site 3005 Grant Line Rd (across from Walmart) 9am - 2pm
- Sunday - Closed
Please Note: Recycling locations are closed on county holidays.