Soil & Water Conservation District
*Please note the Soil and Water Conservation District does not handle water or solid waste billing.
Forestry Seminar - September 25th 9am - 12pm
Join us for a half day forestry workshop. We will be hosting this workshop in Floyd county at the working woods of Ronald Wathen, a Floyd County SWCD supervisor.
The day will include guest speakers from a variety of forestry disciplines. Forestry professionals will be speaking on topics such as identifying invasive species, NRCS EQIP programs available to land owners, proper application of pesticides, and a consulting forester will be on hand to discuss invasive plant management.
The day will also include a walking tour. A light breakfast will be served as well as lunch.
Please complete the registration form on the back and return it to the Purdue Extension office along with the registration fee. Deadline for registration is September 22, 2021.
The employees of the Floyd County SWCD are comprised of a board of elected supervisors, and an office staff of one.
Our classroom presentations are offered to schools, universities, clubs and public outreach programs free of charge. If you're a teacher wishing to schedule an appointment, please send an to Angel Jackson via email at: email@example.com
- Your preferred day of the week
- Time of day (morning or afternoon)
- Presentation topic
- Number of students
Board of Supervisors
The Board of Supervisors meet the first Tuesday of each month at 3:00 p.m. The exception is during the months of June and July. The board of supervisors meet on the first Monday of those months at 10:00 a.m.
- Dennis Konkle, Chairman
- Tom King, Vice Chair
- Alisa Perkins, Board Supervisor
- Ronald Wathen Sr., Board Supervisor
- Reba Kamer, Board Supervisor
Application for Supervisors
Contact Soil & Water Conservation District
- For general questions about our office or any sales/workshops, contact Angel Jackson.
- For questions about classroom presentations, education outreach, or to schedule an appointment for an organization or club, contact Angel Jackson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about site construction, erosion control measures, or to log a complaint about a construction site, contact Floyd County Stormwater at: email@example.com
Related Forms & Permit Applications
- Storm Water Quality Management Application Permit Form
- Soil & Water Conservation District Questionnaire
Soil & Water Annual Report
SWCD Offers Funds for Invasive Plant Control
The Floyd County Soil & Water Conservation District announces funds are now available to landowners through the Clean Water Indiana grants.
Floyd County is offering funds for a new program to assist in the evaluation and eradication of invasive plants on your acreage. The SWCD is offering to pay a portion of the assistance provided by a consultant forester to help homeowners and landusers to identify invasive species on their property. This grant will also offer a trade-in payment for eradication and replacement of invasive plants in your yard. These invasive plants include the Callery/Bradford Pear Tree, Japanese Barberry, and Burning Bush.
For more information and cost-share rates and reimbursements, please contact Angel Jackson at the Floyd County Soil & Water Conservation District office at 812-945-9936.
“USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.”