Floyd County Indiana Community Health Nurses
The Floyd County Health Department Public Health Nurses assist in providing the following:
- Family and community preventive health care education
- Assistance to patients in obtaining medical treatment and health care services within the county
- Health education for the community through talks, and written materials, to assist individuals in gaining knowledge about health risks and health care procedures
- Disease prevention guidelines
- Collaborative relationships with public, private, and welfare agencies for the betterment of services throughout the community
- Community health awareness via news and other media
- Selected health screenings (blood pressure, blood sugar)
- Communicable disease investigations
- Child and adult immunizations
- Lead case management
- TB screening and case management
- Visits to senior centers and child care facilities for screening and shots
- Rabies prophylaxis case management
- Narcan training and distribution
- Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HIV and Hepatitis C testing
For more information contact the Floyd County Health Department at 812-948-4726.
Medical Record Release Information:
Provided below are two downloadable PDF files to be completed when requesting the release of your medical information from the Floyd County Health Department.
- Click here if you will be coming to the Health Department in person to retrieve your medical history information.
- Click here if you will be sending someone on your behalf to the Health Department to retrieve your medical history information.
Children's Immunization Clinic
Our department will be offering multiple Children's Immunization Clinics for routine vaccines as well as Covid-19 vaccines. Please see the images below for more information.
All clinics will be held at the Floyd County Health Department at 1917 Bono Road, New Albany IN 47150.
Monkey Pox Vaccine Clinic